Friday, September 7, 2007

Augustana AWAY!


Hello all...

I have hit the first weekend here at augustana and have decided to send yall a list of some things I have been doing/done:

1)Started a Rave in my dorm room.
2) attend my classes: critical thinking, piano, acting 1, stagecraft, exploring the christian faith, new student seminar
3) Practice my choir, viking variety, and Urinetown audition pieces.
4)Attended the SKOL festival. ( a processional out of the commons to the statue of OLE the viking being lit by flash lights and surrounded by the teachers dressed up as viking at 10 PM. It ended witha giant A being lit on fire and cheers of the fight song/ "SKOL!"
5)Started Yoga (in acting Class)
6)put in 6 hours in the theater for the show "how I learned to drive" which I will be running the sound board for... (they have already started to abuse my greater knowledge of the lighting realm... Chris Garcia, a senior has already claimed me as his slave.)
7) made about 200 friends...
8)Had an extensive political discussion with a South Dakota conservative.
9)Painted our floor Mural (see attachment)
10) and most recently, I have been accepted into The Augustana Choir. (the top one... woo hoo!)

And in between much much much more... including homework and other non-important stuff...(IM KIDDING DAD!)

*dad, email this to Jordan and Alex please! I realized I dont have their addresses.

Ill keep you updated about the other auditions and crazy traditions!

love you all,
Søren

No comments: